On April 24, 1938, two congregations, Bethany Reformed Church (est. 1905) and Evangelical Friedens Congregation (est. 1890s) merged to form BE&RC. In 1996, following a lengthy denominational study, the church took a new step to honor the Lord and voted to join the Presbyterian Church in America. The church's pastors since 1953 are as follows.
Pastor Sam Belz (2015-2018)
Pastor Tim Diehl (2012-2015)
Pastor Doug Vanderpol (2005-2012)
Pastor Larry Doughan (1993-2005)
Rev. Victor Vriesen (1953-1993)